Friday, February 25, 2011

The Gift of Song

Handcrafted and heartfelt gifts feel good, right? Something that someone actually put their own personal touch on. Every now and then someone important to me has a celebratory occasion (usually a birthday or wedding) coming up and, if I have the time, I try to whip up a song for them. This usually involves my wife and I signing (with the help of Autotune) a song, to the point of parody, in a specific style (so far we've hit country, dance, hiphop, power ballad, metal, pop and experimental). I try to be overly specific in terms of timbre, instrumentation, and song writing technique. These "little ditty's" are usually done over the course of a couple days and serve as a micro lesson in recording, mixing, and creativity at my humble home studio. Here are a few that i've done in the past. hope you get a laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment